Sunday, April 14, 2013

Planting Days

Half of the garden is planted! I've got 6 five gallon buckets planted with crowder peas, and two 58qt buckets planted with squash and zucchini.

All of our rose bushes have buds on them, and our flowers are blooming like crazy.

Rain today almost made my pepper seedling float off and hasnt helped my tomato seedlings. They really shouldn't have been out in the rain, but it came during the night instead of in the afternoon. I think they'll bounce back; right now they look kind of pitiful.

I've definitely got strawberries! I've seen tons of blooms, and now I'm seeing the green, unripened fruit emerging. I'll have to put my efforts into shielding them from birds into overdrive.

I picked up a pot of French Lavender from the store. I've missed having this beautiful herb around my house. I'm eager to make some lavender sachets for my drawers. I also trimmed up the mint and the rosemary. I'm saving the chocolate mint plant for when I can make some mint syrup with the leaves I'll be trimming off.

I almost came home with a pot of calla lilies, too. But the orientals have the center stage for now. Speaking of, the 12 pack I bought from the store are sprouting nicely! In fact, all of the bulbs are up except one, and that one may just be a laggard. So we'll see. I also may have identified the Stargazers from last year as actually being a dwarf look-alike, After Eight. I'll be perfectly happy with that, since the assorted bulbs should get pretty tall.

The day lilies are putting on buds too, and the azaleas still have flowers. So many new things to look at every time one steps into the garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment