Sunday, March 17, 2013

Finishing the Flower Beds

Busy busy. We mulched the front beds.









Then we finished the flower beds around the back.

Then we planted the final hydrangea. Mom grabbed some hyacinths. I love these plants; they smell incredible. I first encountered them last year at the store. We walked in, and this honeysuckle-like scent hit us in the garden center. We followed our noses all over until we found them. For weeks we enjoyed their fragrance, and then they died. We tossed 'em. Yes, I know. I'm cringing still. We were very upset, and hadn't done our homework to know that it's routine for the plants to die back in late spring/early summer after they're done blooming.

So now we have 15! Last year I bought two stargazer lilies, now I have 12. And I had one Mystery Plant, and now I have 10. So if I'm starting with 15 hyacinths... heh heh heh. (This is why I'm not allowed to plant bulbs in the yard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment