Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Garden Update for the last part of May

One of those quick summer showers just passed through, so I went out to snap some pics of the garden. Things are slow; we're in the wait-and-watch phase. The only work left to do at this point is to set out my Cherokee Purple and my bell pepper plant, which I am to do this weekend.


The squash are taking over my garden. Both of my hands are smaller than some of those leaves.

After a rough start, my peas have jumped! I keep expecting to see vines any day now...

The carrots, several weeks after their final thinning. There are 7. ... yes. 7.

Look! Tomatoes!

Tons of blooms on the Roma tomato.

Snapshot of the whole garden in all it's ramshackle glory.

Remember the onion bottoms? They're sprouting! And pecan tassels. They're everywhere.


Strawberry blooms!

The strawberries in their new home hanging from the banister on the back deck.

I don't mind picking strawberries one at a time. They're delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment