Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rose Cutting - 4th Week

So. I don't really want to put a picture up, but for the sake of record keeping I will. Things... things aren't looking too hot.

 As you can see, my final set of original leaves is turning yellow. The new set at the bottom looks yellow in this picture, but I think it's just the light because they are, in fact, still green.

The lower branch, as well, has turned brown and dull, so I think it's dead.

For now, all my hope hinges on that tiny set of new leaves and one more potential leaf but I can spy if I squint.

I'm resisting the urge to go ahead and tag this and the rest of the rose-cutting series with an 'oopse' tag and therefore call it a failure.

I'll let it sit there til I'm certain it's all kaput.

It's been getting good morning sun, some afternoon shade. Plenty of water and the pot drains very well.

I'm not sure what other steps I should have taken, or if my method was okay and it was simply the plant itself. I've no idea how hardy the parent stock was, as I've never seen it in bloom.

It was a fun spur-of-the-moment gift, after all. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment