Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Sale in the Garden Center

Means I get more plants...

So. I noticed that the store had marked packaged bulbs down to half off. Feeling that my frugality had been vindicated by the sale, I picked up a pack of iris bulbs (Miss Saigon) and a pack of day lily bulbs (El Desperado).

When I got to the register, the packs rang up at $1.00 each.

(For the sake of transparency, none of the images above are my own. Google image search, ftw.)

So after landing that kind of deal, I went back to the store. And I bought an Amaryllis, some calla lilies, more day lilies (I've been wanting those for two years), some mixed Freesia, and a pack of Dahlias.

I look like a crazy plant lady:














What I see in my head? The pics above. What I see under my carport...

Now I eagerly search the dirt every morning and every evening. A gardener's patience must be boundless.

No comments:

Post a Comment