Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pests and Problems

Work work work.

I had begun noticing strangely bare branches poking up all over my tomato plants earlier this week. It looked like something had gotten into the yard and was helping themselves to the leaves!






















I really had no idea what was going on until... I saw this guy.  
I pulled 14 of them out of my tomatoes. All but two were on a single plant!

 I will be Dusting my tomato plants pronto, as soon as the breeze dies down. We're having regular afternoon thunderstorms right now, which means the Dust will get washed away, but frankly... after finding 14 of them, I'll Dust every afternoon if I need to, til the infestation is curbed.

Further problems include strange white marks on the leaves of my tomatoes, peas, and squash, all in about the same area of the garden: right smack in the middle. I have no idea what's causing the burn-like spots... Any ideas?

I'll be going armed this weekend: fertilizer, bug spray, Seven Dust, rose spray, and clippers. I'd enjoy having some idea what I'm up against with these strange white scald marks. Hmmm.




No comments:

Post a Comment